If you’re a teenager and you have been so annoyed having to deal with acne on your face, I might just have the solution for that. I might also just save you money from going to a dermatologist, but if my tips still don’t work, then I’m afraid you would have to see a skin doctor to know what’s up.
1. Have a skin care routine to follow and stick to it on a daily basis. Never skip a step. When I was in high school I made a mistake of just washing my face and not toning and moisturizing after.
2. Know your skin type and only use skin products according to your skin type.
3. Eat healthy. Avoid oily food and also avoid food that has Monosodium Glutamate (MSG). If you see that in the ingredients of the food that you’re about to eat, drop it and never buy it. MSG most of the time causes the skin to break. There are even other people who are allergic to MSG that it would show to their skin. You probably don’t know that so might as well stay away from it.
4. Make sure that you have a daily dose of vitamin c. You could take that as a pill, or you could take it naturally through citrus products like oranges, lime, lemon juice, etc.
5. Get enough sleep. I know that it’s the generation where people tend to sleep less because of social media, but that’s not an excuse. You must make a way to get at least 8 hours of sleep in a day. Make sure that you also sleep at night and not have your day and night backwards.
6. Avoid chocolates with nuts. I would suggest that you take in some plain dark chocolates instead; they are at least healthier and can also balance your metabolism.
7. Take time to exercise. This would help you balance your hormones and keep you active, which helps in blood flow that contributes to the health of your skin.
8. Don’t be stressed. Take that as a commandment. Stress contributes a lot as to why your skin could break out. No matter what happens, don’t worry. Just think of this, if a problem is too hard to solve, worrying won’t exactly help. There is a huge chance that you would solve it if you don’t worry.
9. Don’t buy skin products to experiment. Make sure that the product would be appropriate for your skin and it’s not because you think it would be better on you since Zendaya endorsed it in a commercial.
10. And finally, avoid wearing heavy makeups and make sure that you remove them before you go to bed.
These are just among the tips that get me through puberty. You don’t need to hide behind makeups when you have a clear skin. You don’t have to dream to have clear skin when you can achieve it by these simple tips.